Volunteer at SCS
Volunteering is every family’s responsibility and a way to show our commitment to St. Catharine School, its mission, and the part it plays in our children’s development.
There are many ways to be involved both during and after school hours. Volunteers must wear Virtus clearance badge at all times while volunteering in St. Catharine School. Virtus training needs to be completed only once ; but fingerprinting expires every four years. Please check your badge for the expiration of your fingerprinting. If you do not have a current volunteer badge, please see below the Fingerprint and Virtus form for detailed instructions.
In School volunteer opportunities, Virtus volunteer badge is required.
- Lunch Duty/Playground Duty (All year)– Supervise and clean up after children in the cafeteria and on the playground.
- Class Coordinator (All Year) help teacher coordinate any in class activities.
- After-school Enrichments (all year) – Volunteers are needed to help supervise and monitor students to ensure the safety and wellness of each child.
- Santa Sale (December Date TBD) Set-up the sale, work the sale tables, and wrap the presents for the younger children.
- Scholastic Book Fair (Spring Date TBD) – Set up and work the book fair during school day and after school.
Nighttime or weekend volunteer opportunities:
- Pocketbook Bingo (November 10, 2017) - Some duties of volunteers might be to hang signs in store windows, sell raffle tickets night of event, set-up and clean-up.
- Father-Daughter Dinner Dance (February 24, 2018) – Duties may include decorating, setting up, selling raffle tickets and cleaning up.
- Mother-Son Outing (Spring Date TBD) Duties may include check-in, event facilitation, and cleaning up.
- Candlelight Ball (July 20, 2018)-This is the major fundraising event for the school. Volunteers will be needed for pre-event planning, event organization, Mass raffle sales, night of event raffle sales, and help day of event.
Any questions please email Kathleen email@example.com